John interviews Chip Herrera, pastor of Community Church of Hudson, Iowa, about Community Exegesis. Community exegesis, similar to biblical exegesis, is the process used to observe, interpret and understand the needs and culture of a church’s community so that ministry and evangelism connects with them in a vital, life-transforming way. In this episode, we are introduced to Pastor Chip and his ministry, and we get a basic understanding of community exegesis.
- When Helping Hurts by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert
- Unchristian: What a new generation really thinks about Christianity . . . and why it matters by David Kinnaman & Gabe Lyons
- People are the mission: How Churches can welcome guests without compromising the gospel by Danny Franks
- 5 Ways Your Church Can Meet Your Community’s Needs by Exegeting Context by Bob Whitesel
- Ravi Zacharias Ministries – RZIM.org
The Minister’s Friend’s ministry has expanded. Would you benefit from some one-on-one ministry mentoring or coaching? You can get more information about this and other services by clicking this button! Become a Patron!