As Pastor John talks to pastors and other listeners to the podcast, many express their concern about how the local church is not reaching today’s young people like we used to. There is no doubt that the youth culture today is quite different. Today we continue our interview series with Josiah Kimball, John’s son, who works with an action sports ministry called JSAW in downtown Minneapolis. Josiah and John talk about JSAW’s international outreach and the importance of helping teens find their identity in Christ.
This series of interviews is part of a larger emphasis in 2020 on effectively reaching today’s youth for Christ. Upcoming interviews will include:
- Jonny Nelson, Executive Director of JSAW
- Dan Boal, National Director of Alliance Youth with the Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Ken Castor, Professor of Youth and Family Studies at Crown College, and Founder of NEXT Ministry Conferences
- Brian Schulenburg, Discipleship Pastor at Wooddale Church, and regular speaker for conferences, retreats and family camps around the country
- Grow Down: How To Build A Jesus-Centered Faith by Ken Castor (Group Publishing, 2014)
- Teaching the Next Generations: A Comprehensive Guide to Teaching Christian Formation by Terry Linhart (Baker Books, 2016)
- DiscipleMAKING: Helping Local Churches Know What Disciples Are And How To Make Them by John Kimball (NextStep Resources, 2019)
Would you like access to additional content from The Minister’s Friend? Our ministry has expanded. We now have three levels of membership to best meet your needs! You can get more information by clicking this button! Become a Patron!