This week we begin a new series on E.Q. or Emotional Intelligence. One question I’m asked more than any other is how to deal with powerbrokers in the church. It’s important to understand why such personalities use intimidation, manipulation and other dysfunctional means in their relationships. E.Q. gives us a substantial part of the answer.
I am interviewing my friend Dr. Daryl Thompson, District Superintendent of the Northern Plains District of the Evangelical Free Church in America. Daryl has a wonderful grasp on E.Q. and its impact on both personal relationships and life in the Church. In this episode, we discuss what E.Q. is and why it’s important to consider it — relational health — when appointing people to ministry positions in the church.
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More than IQ by Daniel Goleman
- Developing Emotionally Mature Leaders: How Emotional Intelligence Can Help Transform Your Ministry by Aubrey Malphurs
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader: How Transforming Your Inner Life will Deeply Transform Your Church, Team and the World by Peter Scazzero
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: It’s Impossible to be Spiritually Mature While Remaining Emotionally Immature by Peter Scazzero
- 13 Signs of High Emotional Intelligence (Inc. Magazine)
- Emotional Intelligence: Developing Strong People Skills (MindTools.Com)
Is The Minister’s Friend Podcast a blessing to you? Please let us know. You can reach us on our Facebook page or by email at email@example.com. These are also the best way to suggest future topics. We love to hear from our listeners!