We’re talking about E.Q. or Emotional Intelligence. I am interviewing my friend Dr. Daryl Thompson, District Superintendent of the Northern Plains District of the Evangelical Free Church in America. In today’s discussion, Daryl talks about what happens to a church family when the person with low EQ is the pastor. Leaders with low EQ (or emotional immaturity) cause tension and often broken relationships with both staff and parishioners. What’s worse, those impacted often think they have done something to contribute to the strife when that is usually not the case.
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More than IQ by Daniel Goleman
- Developing Emotionally Mature Leaders: How Emotional Intelligence Can Help Transform Your Ministry by Aubrey Malphurs
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader: How Transforming Your Inner Life will Deeply Transform Your Church, Team and the World by Peter Scazzero
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: It’s Impossible to be Spiritually Mature While Remaining Emotionally Immature by Peter Scazzero
- 13 Signs of High Emotional Intelligence (Inc. Magazine)
- Emotional Intelligence: Developing Strong People Skills (MindTools.Com)
Is The Minister’s Friend Podcast a blessing to you? Please let us know. You can reach us on our Facebook page or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. These are also the best way to suggest future topics. We love to hear from our listeners!