As we continue our series on E.Q. or Emotional Intelligence, this week we discuss the difference between low EQ (or emotional immaturity) and mental illness. I am interviewing my friend Dr. Daryl Thompson, District Superintendent of the Northern Plains District of the Evangelical Free Church in America. Daryl helps us understand how people with low EQ differ from those with a diagnosed mental illness and how we must approach each. The good news is that people with low EQ can grow and change.
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More than IQ by Daniel Goleman
- Developing Emotionally Mature Leaders: How Emotional Intelligence Can Help Transform Your Ministry by Aubrey Malphurs
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader: How Transforming Your Inner Life will Deeply Transform Your Church, Team and the World by Peter Scazzero
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: It’s Impossible to be Spiritually Mature While Remaining Emotionally Immature by Peter Scazzero
- 13 Signs of High Emotional Intelligence (Inc. Magazine)
- Emotional Intelligence: Developing Strong People Skills (MindTools.Com)
Is The Minister’s Friend Podcast a blessing to you? Please let us know. You can reach us on our Facebook page or by email at email@example.com. These are also the best way to suggest future topics. We love to hear from our listeners!