Today we conclude our series on E.Q. or Emotional Intelligence. I have really enjoyed my interview with my friend Dr. Daryl Thompson, District Superintendent of the Northern Plains District of the Evangelical Free Church in America. In this episode, I unpack what Daniel Goleman has called the Five Domains of Emotional Intelligence. I have found these to be particularly helpful in evaluating EQ with pastors and church leaders, and also in coaching them for growth in emotional maturity. We then rejoin the last segment of my conversation with Daryl as he outlines several helpful resources for more information on EQ.
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More than IQ by Daniel Goleman
- Developing Emotionally Mature Leaders: How Emotional Intelligence Can Help Transform Your Ministry by Aubrey Malphurs
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader: How Transforming Your Inner Life will Deeply Transform Your Church, Team and the World by Peter Scazzero
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: It’s Impossible to be Spiritually Mature While Remaining Emotionally Immature by Peter Scazzero
- 13 Signs of High Emotional Intelligence (Inc. Magazine)
- Emotional Intelligence: Developing Strong People Skills (MindTools.Com)
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves
- The Search for Significance by Robert McGee
- Conformed to His Image by Kenneth Boa
- A Parent’s Guide to the Emotional Needs of Children by David Goodman
Is The Minister’s Friend Podcast a blessing to you? Please let us know. You can reach us on our Facebook page or by email at email@example.com. These are also the best way to suggest future topics. We love to hear from our listeners!