John continues his interview with Chip Herrera, pastor of Community Church of Hudson, Iowa, about Community Exegesis. Community exegesis, similar to biblical exegesis, is the process used to observe, interpret and understand the needs and culture of a church’s community so that ministry and evangelism connects with them in a vital, life-transforming way. In this episode, John and Chip talk about ways for pastors and church leaders to keep a vital connection with the community for effective ministry.
- When Helping Hurts by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert
- Unchristian: What a new generation really thinks about Christianity . . . and why it matters by David Kinnaman & Gabe Lyons
- People are the mission: How Churches can welcome guests without compromising the gospel by Danny Franks
- 5 Ways Your Church Can Meet Your Community’s Needs by Exegeting Context by Bob Whitesel
- Ravi Zacharias Ministries – RZIM.org
The Minister’s Friend’s ministry has expanded. We now have three levels of membership to best meet your needs! You can get more information by clicking this button! Become a Patron!