One of the most-asked questions we hear is “How do we reengage men in the life and ministry of the church?” This week we start a new series to answer that question as Pastor John interviews Dr. Pete Alwinson, Founder and Lead Teacher of the FORGE Men’s Ministry in Metro Orlando, Florida. Pete is a pastor with a passion for discipling men. FORGE’s stated purpose is to “Build Great Men… Who Build Great Men as God Defines Greatness.” In this episode, we’re introduced to Dr. Pete and begin to address the relationship between men and the local church.
- FORGE Website (FaceBook – @FORGE.BibleStudy; Twitter – @FORGETruth)
- Man in the Mirror Ministries Website
- Ransomed Heart Ministries Website
- Five Marks of a Man by Brian Tome (Baker, 2018)
- Wild At Heart by John Eldredge (Nelson, 2011)
- Fathered By God: Learning What Your Dad Could Never Teach You by John Eldredge (Nelson, 2009)
- Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys by Stephen James & David Thomas (Tyndale, 2009)
- Killing Lions: A Guide through the Trials Young Men Face by John Eldredge & Sam Eldredge (Nelson, 2016)
- Man in the Mirror by Patrick Morley (Zondervan, 2014)
- How God Makes Men by Patrick Morley (Multnomah, 2013)
- Man Up: Becoming a Godly Man in an Ungodly World by Jody Burkeen (Burkeen Ministries, 2016)
- The Feminization of the Church by Kaye Ashe (Sheed & Ward, 1997)
- End of Men, Rise of Women by Hanah Rosin (Riverhead Books, 2013)
Would you like access to additional content from The Minister’s Friend? Our ministry has expanded. We now have three levels of membership to best meet your needs! You can get more information by clicking this button! Become a Patron!