As Pastor John talks to pastors and other listeners to the podcast, many express their concern about how the local church is not reaching today’s young people like we used to. There is no doubt that the youth culture today is quite different. Among other topics, this year we’ll focus a lot on effectively reaching today’s young people for Christ. Today we finish our interview with Josiah Kimball and begin one with his boss, Jonny Nelson. Jonny is the Executive Director of JSAW, an action sports ministry in the Twin Cities. Today we learn how JSAW was born. It’s a God-story!
This series of interviews is part of a larger emphasis in 2020 on effectively reaching today’s youth for Christ. Upcoming interviews will include:
- Dan Boal, National Director of Alliance Youth with the Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Ken Castor, Professor of Youth and Family Studies at Crown College, and Founder of NEXT Ministry Conferences
- Brian Schulenburg, Discipleship Pastor at Wooddale Church, and regular speaker for conferences, retreats and family camps around the country
- Grow Down: How To Build A Jesus-Centered Faith by Ken Castor (Group Publishing, 2014)
- Teaching the Next Generations: A Comprehensive Guide to Teaching Christian Formation by Terry Linhart (Baker Books, 2016)
- DiscipleMAKING: Helping Local Churches Know What Disciples Are And How To Make Them by John Kimball (NextStep Resources, 2019)
Would you like access to additional content from The Minister’s Friend? Our ministry has expanded. We now have three levels of membership to best meet your needs! You can get more information by clicking this button!