There are three things Pastor John notes are all but missing from the North American church today: we don’t pray like we should, we don’t make disciples like we should, and we don’t read our bibles like we should. In fact, George Barna has noted that half of America is fully “disengaged” from the Bible. Enter the Institute for Bible Reading. Glenn Paauw and Paul Caminiti join The Minister’s Friend to talk about their incredible tool, the Immerse Bible Reading Experience, and how it is designed to address today’s lack of bible reading. In this episode, we talk about how removing the artificial chapter and verse divisions in the modern Bible allow the original and beautiful literary forms in Scripture to shine through.
- The Institute for Bible Reading Website
- The Immerse Bible Reading Experience Website (www.immersebible.com)
- State of the Bible 2019: Trends in Engagement (Barna Research, April 2019)
- Facts and Trends: How Many Protestant Churchgoers Actually Read the Bible Regularly? (Lifeway Research, July 2019)
Presentation (Audio and Video):
- Re-enchanting the Scriptures by Glenn Paauw (Audio)
- How the Story of the Bible Works by Glenn Paauw (Video Series)
Would you like access to additional content from The Minister’s Friend? Our ministry has expanded. We now have three levels of membership to best meet your needs! You can get more information by clicking this button!